A voice for Social Change and Awareness,
Our children’s keeper is very passionate about platforms that affect the very foundation of our community – homelessness, sex trafficking of minors, and domestic abuse of children Our children’s keeper have witnessed, first hand, the impact that both can have on an individual;
A dear friend of ours was abused and later murdered by her husband.Through these life-changing experiences.
Our children’s keeper is committed to foster a dialogue by communicating , raising awareness, and resolutions to these issues. Our children’s keeper works to prevent the sexual exploitation of youth and helps current victims find confidence, strength and stability beyond their limitations!
Recognizing key indicators of human trafficking is the first step in identifying victims and can help save a life. Here are some common indicators to help recognize human trafficking.
- Does the person appear disconnected from family, friends, community organizations, or houses of worship?
- Has a child stopped attending school?
- Has the person had a sudden or dramatic change in behavior?
- Is a juvenile engaged in commercial sex acts?
- Is the person disoriented or confused, or showing signs of mental or physical abuse?
- Does the person have bruises in various stages of healing?
- Is the person fearful, timid, or submissive?
- Does the person show signs of having been denied food, water, sleep, or medical care?
- Is the person often in the company of someone to whom he or she defers? Or someone who seems to be in control of the situation, e.g., where they go or who they talk to?
- Does the person appear to be coached on what to say?
- Is the person living in unsuitable conditions?
- Does the person lack personal possessions and appear not to have a stable living situation?
- Does the person have freedom of movement? Can the person freely leave where they live? Are there unreasonable security measures?